This sure as heck isn’t an exhaustive list, but here are some very simple reasons why I’ve never struggled with belief in God:
– We live in a beautiful world
– How else could anything exist if there wasn’t something there to “bang” the Big Bang?
– Love exists
– When I pray, things happen. Not every time, and not always in the way that I want them to, since God isn’t a magic genie but rather our Father.
– The entire story of Jesus is way too crazy to fake. Starting with the 12 Apostles themselves, millions of Christians died for Him, especially those first 300 years afterwards when it was a crime to believe in Christ. Those people that died in the Coliseum? Those people were often Christians. Why die for something that you knew to be a lie?
– There is purpose and meaning to life
– Even in the darkest moments of life, we have hope
– We desire more than what this world has to offer and are incomplete without God. Just listen to Drake: “I want it all, and then some.” According to the world, he’s made it. But even he admits that he’s still missing something. “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” – St. Augustine
– The most genuinely happy people that I know are always the ones who have a close relationship with Jesus. They know that God loves them, and everyone else, and there’s nothing that this world can do that can take that from them.
– I have experienced Jesus’ peace and love in my own life, and seen how He’s worked through me in ways that I could have never expected